Friday, November 27, 2009

the big sur 1/2 on monterey bay


on nov. 15th my parents and my sister lex came down for a short visit. my parents were fantastic cheerleaders and moral support and paparazzi while Lex and I ran the 1/2 marathon.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day and thousands of people had come out both to run and support. The race was literally in my own backyard. Everyone stayed the night at my apartment. We then woke up the next morning and after a good breakfast, and with Mom and Abba bundled up, walked the 2 blocks to the starting line. The course ran through downtown, along the coast trail, through Cannery Row, up into Pacific Grove (right past my salsa dance studio) and on past Lover's Point and Asilomar and Pebble Beach. The run out was about 9 miles, making the return feel nice and short. My favorite part was the last 2 miles from Lover's Point back to the Central Plaza at Fisherman's wharf. There were plenty of cheering spectators and I got my burst of energy for some perfect form sprinting towards the end.





With the race over by nine thirty, we enjoyed the rest of the sunny day at Point Lobos- the ocean water was gorgeous and the rock formations were fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment