Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 4th- CA teacher strike



Bright and early Thursday morning, I met up with my fellow teachers and administrators for a peaceful protest. For several days leading up to the state-wide strike, my students had been working on posters to display. It was the perfect timing, because I could incorporate what was happening across the state with what we had been learning in the classroom. We had just completed our unit reading Esperanza Rising and we had incorporated discussions about Cesar Chavez and his nonviolent strikes for farm workers' rights against the corporate growers. The students were eager to show their support through these signs which I took to the strike on Thursday morning. I will let the photos express their sentiments too!





although small, we were mighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment