Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sun salutation- yoga on our camping trip-

Its Golden Week! That means a slew of national holidays and a 5 day vacation! Hurray.

My friend, Teneal, and I headed out on Saturday night by shinkansen (bullet train) to Osaka (south west of Tokyo). We stayed there the night, then trained and bused out towards Lake Biwa and Shiga prefecture to hike in Kusatsu.

It turned out to be a great way to avoid the crowds traveling around this time of year! In fact, no one was camping with us- we had the place to ourselves and rarely saw day hikers on our 2 days of hiking. perhaps the rain thwarted any but the most die-hards!

We enjoyed our hikes tremendously and incorporated the Sun Salutation Yoga series into the day! Below is the series- taken out of order, but pasted together here for you.

Starting pose:

Forward Bend...

Half bend

Downward facing dog...

High plank

Low plank

Upward facing dog

Low lunge


Namaste














3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nature. Ahhhhh. l could just feel the great body stretches in the big outdoors. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful gym and yoga mats I have ever seen...nature...haha!
    Enjoy your holiday!
    Love you,
    Auntie Leza

    ReplyDelete
  3. My body is in need of some of those stretches. I think I'll have to incorporate some sun salutation into my day.

    ReplyDelete