Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crafty for my birthday!



I turned 26 on Friday!! Thanks to all the love and good wishes that I received during that special day.

The festivities all started on Thursday afternoon when 2 teacher friends and I took over the kitchen and created and crafted a "Shark Attack" themed batch of cupcakes. I shared them with my enthusiastic students on my birthday then next day. You will note: the blue ocean, swimming and diving Swedish fish, life preservers- note the "shark bite" in a few of them, and of course several mean sharks!!

A big thanks goes out to the following important people in my life. I feel so loved.

Mary Anne- I loved the "chocolate" birthday card.
Dans- a great phone conversation and sweet card.
Baboo and Dzeda- a fun card and generous gift
Mom and Abba- coolest ipod touch ever and a great day in Santa Cruz!
Lexi- amazing hand-knit wool sweater
Hector- a trip to Universal Studios and fabulous chocolate cake
Molly- for joining me salsa dancing!!
My students- for a host of gifts from clothes to chocolate and cheese cake and singing for me and making the school day most enjoyable!
Oma and Opa- a good phone conversation
Luis- a good chat, y no puedo esperar hasta que regreses a los estados!!
Heather- a lovely bouquet of flowers
Heather and Teresa- for helping me decorate the cup cakes
Teresa- for taking me out for drinks and plenty of Wii bowling!
Kathleen- for having her class sing me happy birthday over the phone!!
Facebook- plenty of great wishes


4 comments:

  1. First of all the sharks turned out GREAT even if they were difficult. And I am dying to know, did you bit those mini powder donuts to make the perfect chomp mark or did you cut them since you knew your kids were going to be eating them?

    Oh and how blue were all your students tongues/lips/fingers after eating those cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the donuts were cut with a fork--but it did look like a bite mark!!

    the kids did a good job of acting patient, especially since i had the cup cakes out all morning and the rich scents of frosting kept wafting across the room. The shark bodies, made out of twinkies, basically meant that each of the 6 children who had a shark cupcake, more honestly consumed 2 cup cakes. (i made PE extra long that afternoon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Rani! Happy Birthday again! Those are absolutely adorable. So creative-foody-rani! Muah!

    ReplyDelete