Sunday, January 17, 2010

Universal Studios Weekend



A good friend of mine invited me on a trip with his family this weekend.  To celebrate his younger son's 5th birthday, 4 of us took a road trip down south to Universal Studios.  I went because: I enjoy hanging out with Hector and his 2 sons, I had never been to this theme park in Hollywood and I had a three day weekend from school.


Leaving long before the crack of dawn, we got to spend all day Saturday at the park.  Most of the attractions feature special effects, 3-d and even 4-d presentations and plenty of pyrotechnics to create that WOW! affect.

Although embarrassed to admit, one of my favorite things was getting a tour of the back-lot of Hollywood and driving through Wisteria Lane- the set for Desperate Housewives!! As well as a town square- with central garden and court house where movies such as Back to the Future have been shot.  We did enjoy riding roller coasters- both virtual and real.  



That night for dinner we ate at Bubba Gumps- and surprising myself to the 10th degree- although I ordered a mushroom/avocado burger- the only veggie item on the menu, I was convinced to try the shrimp.
I was shocked at myself for trying it, and even more shocked when I realized that I really liked it.  And here I thought I hated seafood.  Good thing there's a Bubba Gumps on the wharf in Monterey- because I might have to go back...it was that good.

 

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! A shrimp?! You know that might lead to the harder stuff....like calamari...or....

    ReplyDelete