Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Me, myself and I

Clearly we are still in the early stages of spring. Obvious signs are clothing related! Although on my hike today, the Japanese are still layered in woolens and coats- while I stripped down to a tank-top! I noticed today, that unlike American spring- all that greenery after a wet winter, Japan spring is really dry because the winters are super dry. If I want to see significant green foliage, I have to wait until summer.

So thanks to my significant improvements in taking self-timer photos, here is a collection of my weekend excursion.

(Local park in Tokyo- near Meiji Shrine) 




and (Takao-san, again! Because its the closest mountain to me!) 
Abba- Takao is like my 'Mount Diablo'- I get to see it in all different seasons, and there are plenty of new trails- I took two completely new trails today to get to the the summit, and to return to the bottom!









4 comments:

  1. Hi Rani,
    I guess that we didn't get out to Takao-san when I was in Tokyo. Next time! Here, I've been so busy with a heavy teaching semester that we haven't made it out to Diablo since fall.
    You're seeing the more common climate pattern of the temperate zone. But I bet some green will follow after the blossoms.
    Love, abba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it still looks so brown and bare both at the park and on Takao-san! AND what an amazing self-timed shot of you in mid-air!!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also feel the need to comment on your impressive jumping self-timer shot! Did you get that on the first try, or were there a lot of out-takes?

    Love Lex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the photos Rani! I love your blog entries and always look forward to the new ones.

    ReplyDelete