Saturday, June 15, 2013

Warrior Dash!

5 kilometers
15 obstacles
1,000s of foreigners

It's the Warrior Dash- a challenge race course made popular in the US- but has arrived on Japanese soil. The trail was like running through the jungle- hot, humid and very green. I worked harder running the muddy hills in between the obstacles than I did scaling walls, climbing cargo nets, running over old cars, jumping over fire, army crawling through mud and generally having a blast! It was probably the most fun I've had on a run and the most fit I've felt in a while- passing people like nobody's business!


Pre-race face! Game time and we are ready. There were probably about 50 people in our heat! And we finished the last obstacle right as the following heat was getting started...so roughly just over 30 min!! not shabby!


A-la Japanese style there were changing rooms and bathing tubs. I was super excited about our viking hats!!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like it was super fun. Sugoi !!
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. update!
    I completed the 5k race in 36 minutes!! This included multiple hills, and 15 obstacles!
    There were over 2,100 racers and I finished the course (by time) as racer #148! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rani, that is amazing. There must have been great energy in the event!
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete