Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tokyo Disneyland


I want to focus on the similarities between the Disneyland Parks in Anaheim and Tokyo. For those of you who are also Disneyland enthusiasts, I think you will appreciate this! 
This year Tokyo Disneyland is celebrating its 30th anniversary, so the decorations and Mickey Ears recognized this milestone. In terms of rides, there is no Matterhorn (boo), on Splash Mountain the log ride seats 8 people and you sit next to each other (see photo below), and the park layout matches more exactly with the Orlando park. Although the Disney characters are all the same- and mostly foreigners (western features), the park-goers are not!! Check out some of these typical visitors! I love people watching, and I snapped these candids throughout the day!








Katy and I got into the Disney Spirit by purchasing a pair of mouse ears on Main Street. One crazy thing happened. After we got off Big Thunder Mountain, I realized my camera was gone! I knew I had it in my back pocket when we got on the ride... We raced back to find a Thunder Mountain employee and in broken Japanese found a way to explain if they had found a blue canon digital camera. He was very worried, and raced away to see what he could do. Sure enough, less than 5 minutes later, he walks back with my camera in hand! I love Japan!


  

Katy got me addicted to the popcorn here! We purchased a blue plastic container (mickey ears)-in the first photo of this post. Then for a few dollars you could get the bucket refilled at the different popcorn stands throughout the park! We tried: corn potage, honey, curry, and soy sauce/butter flavors!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun. Not too crowded. Disney guests dressed for maximum participation, and Indiana Jones speaking Japanese, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splash mountain was all in Japanese- they only sang the chorus: "Everybody's got a laughing place" in English

    ReplyDelete