Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tuesday at Odawara Castle with Romica

I met up with my good friend Romica and we explored the city of Odawara. She lives on the military base here in Japan- since her husband is in the Navy, and Odawara was a good central meeting point for us. The castle grounds were lovely, the inside itself was a history museum with plenty of Samurai and battle tools and costumes.



Views from the top of the castle- I didn't realize that the coast was so close!!
 

Spring gardens in the castle. The weather was windy, and when the wind stopped, it felt like a California summer.

Mom: thought you might giggle at this one. (Check out the museum names).


Sometimes I really miss the beach and it feels so good to see the ocean again! I guess I just didn't realize how much of a coast-girl I really am.




1 comment:

  1. Let's see, a visit to the Japanese Sweets Museum or to the Salted Fish Guts Museum? What would Don Quijote do? Better go in that one to find out.
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete