Saturday, July 27, 2013

River BBQ

Day two...

My apartment friends organized a big outing to a river on the outskirts of Tokyo-about 2.5 hours away by local train. We had a place for a fantastic BBQ with tons of delicious food, and then headed down to the river. There was a pedestrian foot bridge which many of us jumped off into the frigid and flowing river below! We then got caught in a major summer downpour- so we hung out in the covered bbq area  and roasted marshmallows.

Food prep station- making pizzas, grilling corn, fried noodles, chicken kabobs, sausages, chicken, veggies,


Grilling the noodles and boiling the edamame!

My apartment mates...

Jumping in the river!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my God Rani, you are so brave! I certainly hope that many others jumped into the river before you and that it was seriously DEEP. Otherwise, I would be freaking out on you.

    - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that you going head first into the river?! Oh My goodness!

    ReplyDelete