Sunday, September 16, 2012

Best Lunch EVER!

So, I like Japanese food!! Hurray! 


Hidden in one of the cavernous malls with floors upon floors of shops, we found a popular noodle restaurant.  

They make the Udon noodles right in front of you as you wait to order:

This guy is rolling out the noodle dough through a presser and will then cut the noodles to the appropriate thickness

The noodles sit in these sinks (I guess after they are cooked) and then they are portioned out right to your bowl!




We ordered the hot udon noodles (as opposed to the cold version) that are then dressed in a soy sauce/sesame oil dressing.  I added green onions and battered fried onions to mine.  On the left is my plate of tempura: eggplant, yam and kabocha!!


Zara and I did our best to appropriately "slurp" the udon!


The place was crowded- but it wasn't much of a place to linger and chat.  You sat down, ate, then left.  



2 comments: